Our Hotel Services - Managing Hotels in Distress
When working with an owner, bank or administrator, a typical working approach would be as follows:
- To review all department disciplines, Revenue, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Operations, HR and Training, review the people, processes and technology in each given discipline and create an action plan for management implementation.
- Prepare a high level five year plan. This will vary according to the operating strategy for the hotel.
- To review the financial budgets for the forthcoming year, including profit & loss and cash flow, and report upon projected margins and realism of income and expenditure.
- Prepare new budgets if required.
- To review and make recommendations on proposed capital expenditure budgets in particular and items considered essential to meet business objectives and/or protect the operation of the business.
- Assess the current people, processes and technology by the above department disciplines.
- Design a new fit for purpose management and supervisory structure.
- Benchmark the hotel’s performance against other hotels in the CML estate and, where possible, benchmark the hotel’s performance against its immediate competitive set.
- Create a department by department action plan for management implementation.
- Feedback to the hotel management team and owners as applicable.
- Implement agreed strategy with the management team.
- Ongoing monitoring and reporting.
When working with administrators a typical approach would be as follows:
- Sort out on-going supply of services into the hotel.
- Manage concerns or pre booked conferences and weddings.
- Introduce new delegation of authority in agreement with the Administrator.
- Communications – establish policy with Administrator with regard to communication process i.e. legal notices on letter head, website, information requests.
- Manage employee expectations.
- Implement any immediate needs with regard to Fire Life Safety i.e. Fire Training, Health & Safety Training.
- Implement required reporting regime, including cash flow forecasting etc.
- On-going operations management to include introduction of revenue development plans, robust sales & marketing activity, introduction of new suppliers and appropriate and regular business reviews.